YOUNG LIVING - 101 USES FOR THE ESSENTIAL 7 KIT
|ESSENTIAL PROCESS, INC.
Noreen Ziegler, DVM, CNC
|Peace & Calming|
Obligatory Disclaimer: The following information is intended for educational purposes
only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone
suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician. THESE
SUGGESTED USES APPLY ONLY TO THE USE OF THERAPEUTIC GRADE, YOUNG
LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.
The Essential 7 Kit was created by Young Living Essential Oils (YLEO) so that
anyone could immediately use and appreciate the benefits of therapeutic-
grade essential oils. The Kit contains three single oils: Lavender (Lavandula
angustifolia), Lemon (Citrus limon) and Peppermint (Mentha piperita), and
four oils blends: Joy, PanAway, Peace & Calming and Purification.
All single oils may be used as dietary supplements.
All of the oils may be diffused. Essential Process offers a diffuser that is
designed to disperse the oils in a micro-fiber vapor. This allows the oils to
stay suspended in the air to reduce bacteria, fungi and mold. It also freshens
the air with natural fragrances, eliminating the need for synthetic, harmful air
fresheners. The diffuser disperses the oils without heat, which could render
the essential oils less effective.
All of the oils can be applied to the Vita Flex points on the feet, added to bath
water mixed with YLEO’s Bath Gel Base, applied topically or used with body
and foot massage.
LAVENDER – (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential
oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin.
Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used
to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming,
relaxing and balancing – physically and emotionally. THIS PLANT IS GROWN
AND DISTILLED AT THE YOUNG LIVING FARMS.
1. Rub on feet for calming.
2. Rub on your pillow to help you sleep.
3. Put a drop on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching & reduce swelling.
4. Put 2-3 drops on a minor burn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding.
6. Mix several drops with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on
eczema and dermatitis.
7. To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop on the end of
the tongue, around the naval or behind the ears.
8. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of oil on a tissue and wrap it around small
chip of ice. Push up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the
nose and hold.
9. Rub a drop over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
10. Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. Rub a drop of Lavender on chapped or sunburned lips.
12. To minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage on and around the
13. Rub 2-4 drops over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
14. Put a drop between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the
symptoms of hay fever.
15. Run several drops of Lavender oil into scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
16. Place a few drops on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent
the linens and repel moths and insects.
17. Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill
the bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. Place a few drops on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer.
19. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
20. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
21. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a
sunburn to decrease pain.
22. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
23. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the
LEMON – (Citrus limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains
compounds that have been studied for their effects on the immune function. It
may serve as an insect repellent and may be beneficial for the skin.
CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to
direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
24. Use 6 drops of Lemon oil & 6 drops of Purification in a squirt bottle mixed
with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener.
25. Use 1-2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
26. Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
27. For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2
tablespoons of honey and two cups of pure water.
28. Rub a drop on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
29. To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water
and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the
30. Add 2-3 drops to water and spray counter tops to sterilize them.
31. Soak your dishrag overnight in water to disinfect and kill germs.
32. Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
33. Rub a drop of Lemon on your hands after using a public restroom.
34. Use a paper towel soaked with several drops to sanitize bathroom
35. Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to
lessen pain and aid healing.
36. Place a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or
37. Put a drop on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands).
38. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite to improve circulation and
help eliminate waste from cells.
39. Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically to clear athlete’s foot.
40. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation
and relieve pressure on the veins.
41. Rub a drop on a wart morning and night until it disappears.
42. Rub on butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
43. Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to
help pull out stains and brighten the rug.
PEPPERMINT – (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly
regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint’
s effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also
researched peppermint’s role in affecting impaired taste and smell when
inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied
peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy. Alan
Hirsch, M.D., studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety
center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals. PEPPERMINT IS
GROWN AND DISTILLED AT THE YOUNG LIVING FARMS.
44. Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to
relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
45. Add Peppermint to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
46. Massage several drops of oil on an injury to reduce inflammation.
47. Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (bruised shin, hit on
the foot or hand) to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply Peppermint oil
around (not on) the open wound.
48. Rub several drops of oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
49. Apply Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
50. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or
dilute with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil.
51. Inhale before & during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
52. Massage several drops on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
53. To relieve a headache, rub on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses
(stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck.
54. To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint on each side of the fifth
cervical vertebra (up three notches from the base of the neck).
55. Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop
under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
56. Diffuse Peppermint in the room while studying to improve concentration
and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint while taking a test to improve recall.
57. Run 4 drops on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
58. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose
and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
59. Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
60. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops on a cotton ball
and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
61. Mix one 15ml bottle of Peppermint into 5 gallon of paint to dispel the
62. Place a couple of drops in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
63. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
64. Drink a drop mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
65. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
66. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
67. Inhale the fragrance to curb appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
68. Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab.
Wait for it to unhedge its head, then remove from your pet.
69. Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet.
JOY – An exotic, luxurious blend of Lemon (Citrus limon), Mandarin (Citrus
reticulate), Bergamot (Citrus bergamia), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata),
Rose (Rosa damascene), Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), Geranium
(Pelargonium graveolens), Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini), Roman
chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), and Jasmine (Jasminum officianale) that
produces an uplifting magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When
worn as a cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irritable fragrance
that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing
70. Rub a drop of Joy oil over the heart and on the bottom of each foot to
relieve feelings of frustration or depression.
71. Put a drop of Joy oil on the tip of the nose to uplift your mood.
72. Wear a drop of Joy oil behind each ear as a perfume.
73. Rub a drop of Joy oil between your palms and then spread over the face
and neck after shaving.
74. Rub two drops of Joy oil on areas of the body with poor circulation to
improve blood flow.
75. Rub two drops of Joy oil on the armpit area to use for a deodorant.
76. Rub two drops of Joy oil on the heart and feet to increase libido.
77. Sprinkle a few drops of Joy into potpourri to improve the fragrance.
PANAWAY – A blend of Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), which has an
active constituent similar to cortisone; Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), which
contains Eugenol, used by dentists to numb gums; Peppermint (Mentha
piperita), which is calming for nerves; and Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum),
which is soothing for localized discomfort. This blend was created by Gary
Young following an injury that severely tore the ligaments in his leg.
78. Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce inflammation
79. Apply PanAway oil topically to sore muscles after exercising.
80. Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead and back of the
neck to relieve a headache.
81. Mix with massage oil and massage on location to stop growing pains.
82. Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil on arthritic hands to lessen pain.
83. Run 2-3 drops at the base of the spine to relieve sciatic pain.
84. For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with V-6 Vegetable Mixing
Oil on location or a drop in the food.
PEACE & CALMING – A gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine (Citrus nobilis),
Orange (Citrus sinensis), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata), Patchouly
(Pogostemon cablin) and Blue Tansy (Tanacetum annuum) specially
designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peach,
helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits.
85. Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil on the bottom of the feet and on
the shoulders before bedtime to get good quality sleep.
86. Diffuse in the room to calm overactive or hard to manage children.
87. Mix with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
88. Mix with Bath Gel Base in warm water for a relaxing bath.
89. To help stop nocturnal teeth grinding, diffuse while sleeping.
PURIFICATION – An antiseptic blend of Citronella (Cymbogopon nadus),
Lemongrass (Cymbogopon flexuosus), Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis),
Melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia), Lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and Myrtle
(Myrtus communis) formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and
neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
90. Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
91. Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air
vents in the home, office, hotel room or other enclosed area.
92. While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect yourself
from pathogens found in the recirculated air.
93. Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to cleanse and stop the
94. Apply a drop of Purification oil on blemishes to clear the skin.
95. Rub on the outside of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
96. Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
97. Rub a drop of Purification oil on two cotton balls and place in the toes of
smelly sneakers to combat odors.
98. Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place
on top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
99. Dilute Purification oil with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and swab the nasal
cavity to ward off the flu.
100. Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
101. Apply Purification oil and Peppermint oil diluted with V-6 Vegetable
Mixing Oil to a cotton swab and rub just inside the ear to eliminate ear
mites in cats and dogs.
For educational purposes only.